Quick 'N Easy Venison Meatballs Recipe
October 27, 2017
Serve this venison meatball recipe as an appetizer or with your favorite pasta
Venison meatballs offer versatility and deliciousness that can be enjoyed throughout the year. Whether you need a great dish for ball games, parties or holiday gatherings, the following recipe for venison meatballs is sure to please. I guarantee these will be gone before any other appetizer on the table.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 1 pound spicy venison Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Â½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Â½ cup shredded Gruyére cheese
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 ounces honey bourbon
- 2 cups beef broth
- Â½ cup heavy cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. To make the venison meatballs, mix meatball ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix well enough to combine together, butÂ do notÂ over-handle the meat, as that will make it tough, chewy and dry. Once all ingredients have been combined, roll into 1- to 1.5-inch balls. Over medium heat, brown the meatballs in a skillet on the stovetop.
3. Once browned, place venison meatballs on a lightly greased sheet pan and place in the oven. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through. Save all of the pan drippings to make the gravy.
4. For the gravy, heat up the pan drippings and deglaze the pan with the bourbon (meaning as the pan drippings heat up, add the bourbon to loosen all the bits and burnt pieces stuck to the bottom of the pan). Then add all of the beef broth, heavy cream, and cream of mushroom soup. Cook until gravy reaches desired consistency. Add gravy to the venison meatballs once they are cooked throughout.
5. Serve meatballs as an appetizer or with spaghetti.