Venison Kabobs Recipe
February 05, 2018
This delicious, easy-to-grill venison kabob recipe will make your mouth water just at the thought of it
You have to admit it — there's something sexy about kabobs. Maybe it's because theyÂ are exotic or because they oftentimes include pineapple, whatever the reason is, I'm confident this venison recipe is perfect for date night.
One of the great things about kabobs is that you can mix and match as you see fit, adding choice vegetables or fruit as you wish. As long as you follow the basics of this venison recipe, your kabobs are sure to impress.
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 pounds boneless venison sirloin, cut into 1 Â½-inch cubes
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- Â¼ cup dry Burgundy wine
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 Â½ tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion juice
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 24 small fresh mushrooms
- 4 small onions, peeled and quartered
- 2-3 large green peppers, cut into 24 (1-inch) pieces
- Long grain and wild rice blend
1. Put venison meat cubes into a shallow marinating container (I use a container with a lid to marinate the venison, that way I can turn the container over during the marinating time); set aside. Combine the next 8 ingredients in a mixing bowl or large glass measuring cup; pour over venison.
2. Cover and refrigerate for 48 hours, stirring occasionally (or turn container over). Remove venison from marinade; reserve marinade. Alternately thread meat and vegetables on skewers; brush with marinade.
3. Grill over medium-hot heat for 15 minutes; turn and baste frequently with marinade. Serve with rice.