Venison Steak Au Poivre Recipe
December 20, 2017
[caption id="attachment_23952" align="aligncenter" width="1280"] Venison Steak Au Poivre Recipe (Tiphani St. Romain photo)[/caption]
This gourmet peppered venison steak recipe tastes like it came straight out of a five-star restaurant and is super simple to prepare
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons black peppercorns, crushed or cracked
- 6-8 venison steaks, thick cut
- ½ cup olive oil
- Pink sea salt
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons chicken base paste in ½ cup hot water
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Press and roll peppercorns and salt into steaks. In saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil and let heat for 2 minutes before adding steaks. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, then add brandy. Set pan afire to burn off alcohol.
[caption id="attachment_23953" align="aligncenter" width="1280"] Press the seasoning firmly into your steaks before cooking. (Tiphani St. Romain photo)[/caption]
2. Remove steaks and set aside, covered, and cook sauce until flames are out. Once it’s been extinguished, add wine and stir to remove any sediment and bring to a boil. Reduce volume by half.
3. Add chicken base mixture and reduce again to make a thick sauce. Now cream in butter with heat off.
4. Pour sauce over steaks to serve.