This gourmet peppered venison steak recipe tastes like it came straight out of a five-star restaurant and is super simple to prepare
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons black peppercorns, crushed or cracked
- 6-8 venison steaks, thick cut
- ½ cup olive oil
- Pink sea salt
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons chicken base paste in ½ cup hot water
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Press and roll peppercorns and salt into steaks. In saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil and let heat for 2 minutes before adding steaks. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, then add brandy. Set pan afire to burn off alcohol.
2. Remove steaks and set aside, covered, and cook sauce until flames are out. Once it’s been extinguished, add wine and stir to remove any sediment and bring to a boil. Reduce volume by half.
3. Add chicken base mixture and reduce again to make a thick sauce. Now cream in butter with heat off.
4. Pour sauce over steaks to serve.