As deer hunters, we all know the importance of thorough preparation. If you’re serious about bringing home the trophy of a lifetime, you wouldn’t even think about hitting the treestand without first setting up a few trail cameras, fine tuning your bow or gun, picking out the right kind of apparel or spraying down with more scent product than a New York City department store. We know it’s about more than just showing up—it’s about quality presentation.
In the same way, date night has a lot to do with presentation. When it comes to wooing your spouse or a prospective candidate, you better bring your “A” game—or you may be sleeping on a couch in your mom’s basement longer than expected. Guys, this isn’t the time to pull out your frequent meal punch pass for the local fast food taco joint. The last thing you want to say to a beautiful woman on an important date is, “Hey girl, I hope you’re enjoying that triple layer taco with refried beans and sub-standard ground meat. I think we’ve got a future.”
It’s true that a great meal can cover a multitude of stupid jokes and awkward silences, but a bad meal can shipwreck the whole deal.
S0 deer hunters, if you’re good at what you do, you automatically have something in your favor and in your freezer—an abundance of succulent deer meat, calling your industriously charming name. While other guys have frozen TV dinners and Red Lobster, you’ve got a hand-crafted gourmet meal waiting to happen and a girl ready to be swept off her feet. Cooking an amazing meal, after all, is like playing the guitar—it makes all the girls go crazy.
Not sure where to start? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered, with six great venison recipes for date night. From mouth-watering venison steaks to juicy, gourmet burgers, we’ve got the perfect easy venison recipes to turn your next date night into a memorable one.
- Cheeseburgers and bacon are the perfect picture of an amazing couple—pretty cool by themselves, but spectacular when paired together. They can go upscale and classy with a nice craft beer, or they can go bluejeans on Friday with a Budweiser. Like the bald eagle or the pickup truck, the bacon cheeseburger may just be one of the greatest American icons of all time.
Like many American hallmarks, the bacon cheeseburger has changed over time. One great variation is the venison bacon cheeseburger, which takes another great pastime—deer hunting—and weds it with the heart and soul of a nation. Speaking of weddings, if this little dandy isn't reason enough to marry the person who made it for you, we don't know what is.
- 6 slices bacon, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 hamburger buns
1. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until browned and crispy. Pour bacon and grease into a heatproof bowl and allow to cool. Heat olive oil in skillet then add garlic and shallots. Cook and stir until softened, about three minutes, then add to bacon.
2. Once cool, mix in venison, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, pepper, and egg until evenly combined. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
4. Shape the mixture into 6 patties and grill to desired doneness. Serve on toasted hamburger buns with your favorite toppings.
(Representative image, ingredients may vary)
No related posts.