July 26, 2022
Just thinking about a juicy venison burger can make your mouth water. Now imagine combining that deliciousness with a cheesy quesadilla made on the grill ... Ahhh! It's so good! This Grilled Venison Quesadilla Burger With Guacamole Recipe is insanely delicious.
These venison quesadilla burgers are cooked and assembled on the grill, so make sure everything you need is near the grill before you start cooking. While you can substitute the guacamole with store-bought guac, I encourage you to make it fresh using my recipe below. It really takes this recipe from great to amazing.
Yield: 4 venison quesadilla burgers
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound ground venison burger
- 1 pound ground beef chuck (80/20)
- 4 tablespoons Hi Mountain Fiesta Salsa Burger Seasoning
- ½ cup crumbled queso fresco
- 8 soft flour tortillas (soft taco size, about 12 inches in diameter)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese (I use a blend of Monterey Jack, mild cheddar, queso quesadilla and Asadero cheeses.)
- Crema Mexicana (aka Mexican crème; can substitute regular sour cream, if needed)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced small
- 1 jalapeño, diced small
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Juice from 1 lime
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine ground venison and beef with your hands. Thoroughly mix in seasoning and crumbled queso fresco.
Tip: If the ground meat mixture is sticky, dampen your hands with a bit of cold water before forming the burger patties. The water will help prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Divide ground burger mixture into four equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball and then gently flatten to form wide, ½-inch-thick patties. Set patties aside while you prepare the guacamole.
- To make the guacamole, start by cutting avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Use a knife to score avocado into small cubes and then spoon into a medium-sized bowl. Add the rest of the guacamole ingredients to the bowl. Use a fork to gently combine the ingredients together. Careful not to mash the avocado, you want it to be a bit chunky.
- Now that you have the venison burger patties and guacamole ready, you're ready to start grilling. Place the venison burger patties, guacamole, tortillas, shredded cheese and crema within hand's reach of the grill.
- Grill venison patties 3-5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
Note: You'll need to work quickly for the next part or the tortillas may burn. If needed, lower grill heat or transfer venison quesadillas to the upper rack on your grill (if it has one).
- Place four tortillas on the grill (these will be the bottoms of the burgers). To each tortilla, sprinkle a generous amount of cheese, followed by a few spoonfuls of crema and guacamole. Add venison patties on top. Then add another layer of guacamole, crema and shredded cheese to each and top each with remaining tortillas. When the cheese on the bottom has melted and you see grill marks on the bottom tortilla (only takes a couple of minutes), carefully use a spatula to flip quesadilla burger over. Allow quesadilla burger to grill for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until remaining cheese has melted.
- Remove venison quesadilla burgers from grill and then plate. Slice each burger in half before diving into cheesy-venison goodness.