My favorite venison roast recipe uses simple ingredients and is a snap to prepare. The fact that it’s prepared in a slow cooker makes it ideal for busy families. Plus, this roast has such great flavor that you might decide never to cook one any other way.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6 hours
- 1 (3- to 5-pound) venison roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, diced in large pieces
- 2 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup Marsala cooking wine
- 1 (2-ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- Place oil, onions and mushrooms in slow cooker and turn on high. Add roast. On the side, mix all other ingredients except the heavy cream and pour the mixture over roast.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to cook for 6 hours.
- Remove roast and mushrooms, add cream and mix well. Pull apart roast and add back to the mixture, topping with the mushrooms. Serve and enjoy.