Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons black peppercorns, crushed or cracked
- 6-8 venison steaks, thick cut
- ½ cup olive oil
- Pink sea salt
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons chicken base paste in ½ cup hot water
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Press and roll peppercorns and salt into steaks. In saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil and let heat for 2 minutes before adding steaks. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, then add brandy. Set pan afire to burn off alcohol.
- Remove steaks and set aside, covered, and cook sauce until flames are out. Once it’s been extinguished, add wine and stir to remove any sediment and bring to a boil. Reduce volume by half.
- Add chicken base mixture and reduce again to make a thick sauce. Now cream in butter with heat off.
- Pour sauce over steaks to serve.