6 Easy Venison Recipes for Date Night
Skip the take out and sweep your partner off their feet with any of these mouthwatering recipes!
As deer hunters, we all know the importance of thorough preparation. If you're serious about bringing home the trophy of a lifetime, you wouldn't even think about hitting the treestand without first setting up a few trail cameras, fine tuning your bow or gun, picking out the right kind of apparel or spraying down with more scent product than a New York City department store. We know it's about more than just showing up – it's about quality presentation.
In the same way, date night has a lot to do with presentation. When it comes to wooing your spouse or a prospective candidate, you better bring your "A" game – or you may be sleeping on a couch in your mom's basement longer than expected. Guys, this isn't the time to pull out your frequent meal punch pass for the local fast food taco joint. The last thing you want to say to a beautiful woman on an important date is, "Hey girl, I hope you're enjoying that triple layer taco with refried beans and sub-standard ground meat. I think we've got a future."
It's true that a great meal can cover a multitude of stupid jokes and awkward silences, but a bad meal can shipwreck the whole deal.
So deer hunters, if you're good at what you do, you automatically have something in your favor and in your freezer – an abundance of succulent deer meat, calling your industriously charming name. While other guys have frozen TV dinners and Red Lobster, you've got a hand-crafted gourmet meal waiting to happen and a girl ready to be swept off her feet. Cooking an amazing meal, after all, is like playing the guitar – it makes all the girls go crazy.
Not sure where to start? Don't worry, we've got you covered, with six great venison recipes for date night. From mouth-watering venison steaks to juicy, gourmet burgers, we've got the perfect easy venison recipes to turn your next date night into a memorable one.
Venison Stew Recipe
This tasty venison stew is the ultimate winter recipe that will trump any stew recipe you've ever made before.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds venison stew meat
- ¼ cup flour
- Essence creole seasoning
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup red wine
- 4 cups brown stock
- Salt and black pepper
Get the Recipe: Venison Stew Recipe
Venison Bacon Cheeseburger Recipe
This bacon cheeseburger made with ground venison is an American classic.
- 6 slices bacon, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 hamburger buns
Get the Recipe: Venison Bacon Cheeseburger Recipe
Venison Goulash Recipe
Traditionally a Hungarian dish, goulash is a hearty classic.
- 2-pound leg of venison, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ pound smoked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons hot paprika, preferably Hungarian
- ¼ teaspoon dried ground thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 whole allspice berries
- 4 juniper berries
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, cored and chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup red wine, preferably merlot
- 6 medium Yukon gold potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into wedges (lengthwise)
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6-8 slices crusty white bread
Get the Recipe: Venison Goulash Recipe
Venison Roast Recipe
For the ultimate comfort food, give this delicious venison roast recipe a try.
- 1 venison roast (3-4 pounds)
- 10 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 7 medium carrots, quartered
- 5 small onions, quartered
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
Get the Recipe: Venison Roast Recipe
Venison Kabobs Recipe
This delicious, easy-to-grill venison kabob recipe will make your mouth water just at the thought of it.
- 2 pounds boneless venison sirloin, cut into 1 ½-inch cubes
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- ¼ cup dry Burgundy wine
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion juice
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 24 small fresh mushrooms
- 4 small onions, peeled and quartered
- 2-3 large green peppers, cut into 24 (1-inch) pieces
- Long grain and wild rice blend
Get the Recipe: Venison Kabobs Recipe
Grilled Venison Backstrap Recipe
Take the best part of a deer and the best part of a pig and what do you get? Grilled venison backstrap, twice-marinated and wrapped in bacon.
- 2 pounds venison backstrap, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 quart apple cider
- 1 ½ pounds thick sliced bacon
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles barbecue sauce of your choice
Get the Recipe: Grilled Venison Backstrap Recipe