If you have venison in your freezer, you need to make this bad boy. I added a little bit of citrus to the ground venison meat to combat the heavier flavor and it’s divine. I love how the extra-lean venison meat crumbles perfectly over the Greek yogurt cream cheese mixture. To complete this party-ready dip, all you have to do is add a little bit of cheese and veggies of choice over the top – it’s that simple!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of 1 lime, divided
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese (it mixes easier when soft)
- ½ cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded or finely chopped lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 ½ cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (optional)
- Chips or veggies for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes until golden.
- Add the ground venison and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon of the salt, pepper and the juice of ½ of the lime.
- Cook venison taco meat for 2 more minutes, and then remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, mix together Greek yogurt, softened cream cheese, salsa, the remaining lime juice, and the remaining salt.
- Spread the yogurt cream mixture into the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan.
- Sprinkle the venison taco meat over the yogurt cream.
- Top with shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle on the pepper jack cheese and jalapeño, if using.
- Serve venison taco dip immediately, or refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
For more delicious venison recipes from Allie Doran, visit: Miss Allie’s Kitchen