Slow Cooker Venison Roast Marsala Recipe
May 03, 2018
This Slow Cooker Venison Roast Marsala Recipe is simple to make and worth the wait
[caption id="attachment_24590" align="aligncenter" width="1366"] Adding Marsala cooking wine gives this Slow Cooker Venison Roast Marsala Recipe that unremarkable, high-quality taste. (Photo courtesy of North American Whitetail Magazine)[/caption]
My favorite venison roast recipe uses simple ingredients and is a snap to prepare. The fact that it’s prepared in a slow cooker makes it ideal for busy families. Plus, this roast has such great flavor that you might decide never to cook one any other way.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6 hours
- 1 (3- to 5-pound) venison roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, diced in large pieces
- 2 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup Marsala cooking wine
- 1 (2-ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
[caption id="attachment_24589" align="aligncenter" width="1366"] Add in mushrooms for a nutritious addition. (Photo courtesy of North American Whitetail Magazine)[/caption]
1. Place oil, onions and mushrooms in slow cooker and turn on high. Add roast. On the side, mix all other ingredients except the heavy cream and pour the mixture over roast.
2. Reduce heat to low and allow to cook for 6 hours.
3. Remove roast and mushrooms, add cream and mix well. Pull apart roast and add back to the mixture, topping with the mushrooms.