Venison Steak Diane Recipe
December 20, 2017
This Venison Steak Diane Recipe utilizes the pan juices to create a thick and flavorful sauce
Total time: 20 minutes
- Â½ pound venison backstrap (can substitute boned lamb loin or beef filet mignon)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Â¼ cup brandy
- Â½ cup beef stock or demi glaze
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Â¼ cup heavy cream
- minced herbs for garnish (basil, parsley, chives, etc.)
1. Dry backstrap with paper towels. Heat butter in large skillet. Turn heat to medium and brown loin, then remove and set aside, covered.
2. Add shallot and garlic and cook about 3 minutes. Deglaze pan with brandy, scraping pieces off bottom of pan with wooden spoon. Add tomato paste, stock, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and stir. Cook for 3 minutes on high until thick.
3. Turn heat off and add cream, stirring as you do and never turning heat back on. I like to slice the loin and pour the sauce over the top, allowing it to contact all slices.